Blinds in India
We are starting from india.
Please do not measure us by small size of our project, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.
Join us in our small step to let more people see light.
India is a huge country but unfortunately world highest blind population also belongs to India.
- 285 million people are estimated to be visually impaired worldwide:
- 39 million are blind.
- 16 Million of these live in India.
- India has huge task to help and reduce world blindmness.
- 75% of these are cases of avoidable blindness.
- India needs a large number of dedicated groups which can make difference.
- 153 million people in India require reading glasses but do not have access to them.
- Huge number need cataract surgeries.
- Our Cataract surgeries project are of great benefit for homeless people.
- We join with local groups in organising these camps.
- We fund 100 % of the project, are at camp sites and voluteer at these camps.
- This way, we are personally involved in the act at ground level.
- Our overheads are bare minimum.
Gift a Sight Project 2015
To see and download the detailed Project Click above.
Organized By :
Lt Col Nitin Bhatia Trust
in association with
Ahuja Eye Centre
HareKrishna Bhakti Kendra
and many more NGOs